Thursday, 2 January 2014

Minimal Make Up & Sherlock S3 - Bloguary #2



I finally did it! I filmed my very first beauty video to supplement my blog. I thought to start myself off I would film the makeup from the highstreet that I wear pretty much every day. All the products I used were relatively cheap, so this look definitely does not break the bank. It may seem like I have used a lot of products here, but literally - you could probably get away with just the foundation / concealer / mascara too! This is just how I do it.

The Products I Used:

MUA Undress Your Skin Foundation - I bought this foundation for £3, for the price its pretty awesome.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - The best concealer I have ever used.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - A good standard powder. Nothing special.
No.07 Eyeshadow in Starry Lights - Gorgeous light gold shimmer.
Jelly Pong Pong 2 in 1 Liner - ...does this count as highstreet?
Revlon Lash Potion Mascara - Lengthening and volumising... plus gorgeous packaging!
17 Blush in Damson Wine - A natural glow.
Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me - A subtle and natural blush with moisturising benefits. Perfect.
Maybelline Brow Drama - Gel and colour, all at once.
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Concealing and highlighting all in one.


So how was everyone's first day of 2014? Have you been trying to keep to your new resolutions?! I had a really nice day, chilling, writing, reading and walking. I think the main highlight was the new episode of Sherlock season 3! Eee, after two whole years of waiting for it, the day finally arrived.

[SHERLOCK S3 SPOILERS] The first thing - how much did they screw with the fans?! I loved how they did that, especially when the fanfiction-writing character had Moriarty and Sherlock kissing. Ehehe, how many Sherlock fans just died at that moment?! The sheer amount of gorgeous moments between John and Sherlock was also so touching and gorgeous. I just wanted to hug them both and send them out on a date to Disneyland. Without going into too much detail - I was a bit annoyed that we didn't actually find out how he survived. So many people where waiting for it (I did my waiting, 12 years, in Askaban!) and they just kind of toyed with us wanting to know for the whole episode. And although I don't quite think it was what I wanted from this episode - the story was lacking - I did really enjoy it. Just being around the characters again was good enough for me! Looking forward to the next episodes - Eeeeee he's back!

 Watching:
Sherlock Season 3
  Listening: Frozen Soundtrack
 Reading: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
 Looking Forward To: Sherlock Ep 2, starting my next project!
 Feeling: Tired but content

4 comments:

  1. the kissing scene was HILARIOUS! I think John got a lot sassier than in the pervious seasons and there were so many funny moments. lkas;elkfslkd I cant wait for the next episode :)

    biffsquiggled

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! OMG! OMG! You did it! Loved your first video and cannot wait for the upcoming. Also, I like how you apply your makeup, and the result is really nice and natural. January 1st was spent in bed for me, as I came back late from the New Years Eve celebration. But it was really nice to just relax. Plus I figured, I might as well enjoy the last days of freedom before I have to go back to Uni on Monday. What have you been reading?

    xo

    Colette | Skattered Notes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, well done for producing such a high quality first video! I watched it last night and really enjoy it:) I particularly liked seeing the lower-priced product (the mascara looked very interesting). I would subscribe if I had a Youtube account but I assure you I'll be watching! I am pretty sure I died a little when I saw the kissing scene with Moriarty :'D Benedict Cumberbatch is so gorgeous omg, I was seriously fangirling! Was it only me that we insanely jealous of Molly Hooper?

    Love, Lou xx
    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the episode and although I was a bit mad at them for not showing us for certain how he did it, thinking about it it's a good thing. We all were waiting for so so long and expected so much, the possibility is high that the 'real' solution would disappoint. That way we're not sure and a bit of mystery remains. But I really love the dynamics between Sherlock and John and the wonderful Mary in the series, I wouldn't have thought the series could get better but it did! <3
    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete