When it comes to skin care, I usually will use all of a product before switching to another. This is for two main reasons; firstly because I have sensitive skin so finding products that work well with my skin is a good find, and also because I am on a student budget and just can't afford to buy lots and lots of different ones to try. My skin is quite dry, and sometimes even products that claim to be for sensitive skin can cause my skin to go red and blistery just a little bit - but its painful too. I don't too often get spots, sometimes on my chin I get small blemishes.
So, with that being said - this is my current skin care routine :)
1. I remove my make up with a bit of Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make Up Remover on Boots Essentials Baby Extra Large Cotton Wool Pads. I most definitely recommend these extra large pads - amazing, and I only ever need one or two tops!
2. I will then use my No.7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm for Dry/Very Dry skin. I apply it all over my face and then wipe off with another cotton wool pad.
3. Finally I will quickly tone with the Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner on a cotton wool pad, and then apply a generous amount of the No.7 Beautiful Skin Moisturiser for Dry/Very Dry skin.
4. Occasionally I will use a the Body Shop Moisturising Vitamin E mask all over my face, and leave it on all night. Sometimes this can irritate my skin, but I think the results are worth it.
1. First thing I will do is wash my face using the Nivea Daily Essentials Cream Face Wash for Dry/Sensitive Skin. It's pretty good, and leaves my face refreshed and fairly soft.
2. I will then tone with the Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner.
3. Thirdly I will use my No.7 Beautiful Skin moisturiser for Dry/Very Dry skin, all over my face.
4. Next I apply an SPF to protect my skin for the day, usually I will use the La Roche-Posay SPF50 Dry Touch Gel Cream which I actually got from my Glossybox. I love how it leaves the skin, and I feel protected all day.
5. Lastly I will prime my skin with the GOSH Velvet Touch Primer (see my full review here)
Once a week I will also use an exfoliator from Simple.
I actually get really excited when my products get used up. Not only does that mean I've accomplised using it all (I know, a bit weird maybe) but it also means I get to buy new ones. It's definitely an incentive to keep it going twice a day!
Links to products in this post:
Disclaimer: This is a skin care routine that works for me, I am not a skin care expert :)